Today I had the opportunity to tour a working organic dairy farm just down the road from my house with my work. I was able to take my girls with me, and I'm sure it is a day they won't forget any time soon.
We learned about how the cow's drink their water from a giant thermos!
We fed baby calves from giant bottles!
We learned about how they milk the cows.
Then we milked one named Grace!
We saw where they store the milk and learned that they have it taken from the farm during the night to Horizon Dairy to be processed to be put in the cartons for Horizon's Organic Milk and then distributed throughout the United States.
We got to taste milk from last night and eat homemade chocolate chip cookies!
Now, my girls want a cow of their own. I wonder if I'll be able to sneak one into my backyard?
Friday, April 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww that looks like it was fun!! I'm glad you got to go with em!
ReplyDeleteRenee & I went there when she was in pre-school. It was so much fun!!! Your girls are too cute with there cookies at the end : )
ReplyDelete